There is a small announcement from AMMA team. We sent many mails in BosF seeking your advise when we started work in Mondi Banda slum (near Addagutta). It has been a great journey and the school has been established well.
Our volunteer, Ranganath, expressed his wish to handle the project on his own and take the complete responsibility. As per the request of Ranganath, we, AMMA team, decided to leave the management of activities in Mondi Banda slum to him. We wish him all the very best and are ready to extend our help, if required.
I take this opportunity to thank all the AMMA & BOSF volunteers and donors who are responsible for the present state of the school to the present state. Right from convincing the parents to send the children to school to gaining the confidence of children and recognizing, encouraging their talent, they did their best. This has been a great and valuable learning experience for AMMA team in all aspects.
All the Best to Ranganath & Team who takes the complete ownership of the school from this academic year.
Love all-Serve all
These are the brief updates of AKSHARAM@ ADDAGUTTA updates of the month 26th January 2012 – 29th February 2012.
- Raghavendra, Naresh cleaned our school premises and separated our school to two rooms.
- Room.1 for Children who know the basics.
- Room.2 for Children who are learning basics.
- Raghavendra, Srinivas (AMMA) made SYLLABUS FOR TEACHING based on the study material available in our school.
- We started distribution of MILK ON EVERY FRIDAY. Money for Milk was sponsored by Mr.Surendra (AMMA)
- Thanda Prasad, Raghavendra & Prasad has done a project on children where they are doing the business. We VISITED THE SLUM WITH DIFFERENT GET UPS TO GET SOME INFORMATION about what they really are doing. It is a risky & joyful activity. Students & Parents didn’t identify us.
- Ranganath, Manoj and Girija along with a team of 15 volunteers had a trip with the children to ZOO. Children enjoyed a lot with the trip and in the next day classes they explained about the animals they saw in the trip.
- Naresh, Raghavendra, Prasad, Srinivas (Prasad friend), Vijay, Ranganath conducted Parents counseling on
- Status of the children studies, Regularity, discipline.
- Importance of studies.
- Had over view of parents about their children future. They want to make their children as doctors, engineers, Good job, and Responsible persons of citizens.
- Parents counseling made a very good impact on the view of parents towards their children future. They told us that they will construct a hut for school and asked us to continue the school in it.
- Local political leader asked them to make every child available for the school.
- They asked us to extend the timings of school. So that their children can make it as a regular school for them.
- We told them that we will look forward to it and will definitely come up.
- We had a monthly meet on 1st March 1, 2012. Detailed mail soon.
- Telugu – Letters (LSRW) – Everyday
- Numbers – 1 -100 (LSRW) – Everyday
- Charts – fruits, vehicles, Animals
- Moral story - Everyday
- Rhymes / Poems
- PM – CM (Parent Motivation – Children Molding)
- SIP – Student Improvement Project: Preparing different Games & Stories to improve children behavior. Moral and studies
- SIC – Student Improvement Chart à 31days activity of child, status of improvement and discipline rating.
- My friend Environment – By children with guidance from AKSHARAM team-Cleaning of premises – Dustbin providing, Clean & Green
SHORT TERM GOAL:
- In AMMA Anniversary (this year) function few students from this School should participate in different activities. Teaching Alphabets, Discipline, Interest and good habits to them.
VISION & MISSION
- Motivating children & Parents towards joining them in regular schooling & teaching life skills, discipline and basic education
- We are open to work with any NGO/Association/Individual but they should be able to work under/with AKSHARAM Coordinating Team, who has total awareness about the Slum, Parents, Students & other related conditions.
This is one of the hardest project of educating uninterested children & parents in Slums, who habituated to begging and rag picking. But with all our Volunteers dedicated efforts we are observing change and even parents coming forward to help us in this journey.
Kudos one and all who directly & indirectly supporting this Project.
Thanks & Regards..
J. Durga Prasad